[Prism54-users] SMC2835W problem

SZABO Zsolt szazs at mm.bme.hu
Wed Mar 2 23:58:18 UTC 2005

I use this wireless card in my HP Omnibook XE3 for more than a half year.
It worked fairly well till the last month. Since then the packet loss is
around 25-30%. It "losts the connection" after 30-40 seconds: the green
light after the LINK turns off and after a few seconds it blinks and gets
turned on as when inserting the card in the PCMCIA slot -- and this
repeats itself.

There isn't anything in the log or in the kernel messages (patched
2.4.23). The WAP is in 5m ... (it is broadband router with WAN gateway
[to ADSL] and firewall options)

Any hints what can  be wrong? (is it the fault of the card or more likely
of the WAP?)

TIA,
Zs