[Prism54-users] netgear wg511 on Gentoo

Rick Hennigan rhennigan at gmail.com
Sun Oct 3 18:49:14 UTC 2004

Hello everyone.  I have just aquired a Netgear WG511 because I have
heard it had excellent support under linux.  So far I have not been
able to get it to work.  Upon inserting the card I get this output
from dmesg:

macaroni root # dmesg -c
PCI: Enabling device 0000:01:00.0 (0000 -> 0002)
eth1: islpci_open()
eth1: resetting device...
eth1: uploading firmware...
eth1: firmware uploaded done, now triggering reset...
eth1: device soft reset timed out
eth1: timeout waiting for mgmt response 1000, triggering device
eth1: timeout waiting for mgmt response
eth1: timeout waiting for mgmt response 1000, triggering device
eth1: timeout waiting for mgmt response
eth1: timeout waiting for mgmt response 1000, triggering device
eth1: timeout waiting for mgmt response
eth1: timeout waiting for mgmt response 1000, triggering device
eth1: timeout waiting for mgmt response
eth1: mgmt tx queue is still full
eth1: mgmt tx queue is still full
eth1: mgmt tx queue is still full
eth1: mgmt tx queue is still full
eth1: mgmt tx queue is still full
eth1: mgmt tx queue is still full
eth1: mgmt tx queue is still full
eth1: mgmt tx queue is still full
eth1: mgmt tx queue is still full
eth1: mgmt tx queue is still full
eth1: mgmt tx queue is still full
eth1: mgmt tx queue is still full
eth1: mgmt tx queue is still full
eth1: mgmt tx queue is still full
eth1: mgmt tx queue is still full
eth1: mgt_commit has failed. Restart the device

lspci -nv gives me:

0000:01:00.0 Class 0280: 1260:3890 (rev 01)
       Subsystem: 1385:4800
       Memory at 10800000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable)
       Capabilities: [dc] Power Management version 1

After googling around a bit I found that other people were having this
problem but I couldn't find a solution anywhere.  I am using Gentoo
Linux kernel 2.6.8 with the prism54 driver that came with gentoo.
Does anyone know if this problem has a solution yet, and can somebody
point me in the right direction?  Thanks alot!
--
Free image hosting at http://www.rickserver.com