[Prism54-users] suggestions for working new cardbus wifi?

Luis R. Rodriguez mcgrof at ruslug.rutgers.edu
Sat Oct 2 13:52:17 UTC 2004

On Thu, Sep 30, 2004 at 02:56:01PM +0200, Simon Oosthoek wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I've now been bitten twice by the "vendor changes chipset" bug, any
> suggestions for a working, linux supported cardbus card?
>
> Does anyone know which chip is in the new 3com? Could it be the same as the
> A72 version? (i.e. Atheros?)

The new 3com 3CRWE154G72 chipset (if they did indeed change) would be
any of the prism SoftMAC ones. Basically we may support this in a near
future (maybe ~3 months maybe to start development).

For now, you may want to check out our sponsor, I4 they seem to be able
to provide reliably miniPCI and PCI FullMAC prism GT/Frisbee chipsets
based cards.

	Luis

--
GnuPG Key fingerprint = 113F B290 C6D2 0251 4D84  A34A 6ADD 4937 E20A 525E