[Prism54-users] SMC2802W

Franco net.surfer at tiscali.it
Sat Jun 12 13:50:09 UTC 2004

Hello again,

the only other card that seems to be available in my country
is the SMC2802W (acually, the official importer is making me
waste my time with "it will be available soon" since two weeks).

Is there any reason why I should prefer this one, and wait for it,
instead of purchasing the "Roper Freelan" (see my other posting),
which is already available at a similar price?

BTW, are these cards (or wi-fi cards in general) capable
of WOL (Wake On Lan), or is that a feature that only
non-wireless cards can have?

Thank you,
Franco