[Prism54-users] questions on Intersil Frisbee

Franco net.surfer at tiscali.it
Sat Jun 12 13:39:57 UTC 2004

Hello,

I'm a new user of this list. First of all, thank you all
very much for your work, site and mailing list.

Unfortunately, most of the products listed on the site are not sold in my country.
I've found this "Roper Freelan" PCI card (RO80211G-PCI), which is not listed
on your site, but according to http://www.linux-wlan.org/docs/wlan_adapters.html.gz
it should have a Prism GT chipset.

According to the vendor's and manufacturer's site, instead,
it has the "Intersil Frisbee" chipset.

A further research on Intersil site says that the Frisbee is just a plug-in
replacement for the Prism GT, while on your site the Prism GT and the
Intersil Frisbee are listed separately, one in green, the other one in black
(I'm referring to the table at the top of the page).

So, my question is: are the Prism GT and the Intersil Frisbee that same thing
or not (which is the difference from the user point of view, using the current
available linux drivers)?

And, most important, should this card work under Linux?

Thank you,
Franco