[Prism54-users] Getting stuck when out of range

Claas Hilbrecht claas+maillinglists.prism54-users@jucs-kramkiste.de
Thu, 03 Jun 2004 10:03:43 +0200

--Am Montag, 31. Mai 2004 11:45 +0200 Richard Atterer
<richard@list04.atterer.net> schrieb:

> Same here - the way I fixed it was to switch our prism54 WLAN access
> point  from master into ad-hoc mode. This may just be a workaround, but
> it works  for me...

After looking at the iwevent output and the dmesg output I think this is a
firmware and/or driver problem. The problem starts with these msgs on the
client:

12:22:28.135450    eth2     Custom driver event:Authenticate request to
00:04:E2:64:9F:4F  : REJECTED  (10)

and this msg on the ap:

12:22:24.853371    eth3     Custom driver event:Disassociate request from
00:04:E2:64:9F:37  (08)

> It is interesting to note that in ad-hoc mode, I can do full-speed
> transfers between any two hosts without problems - initially, I had only
> switched over to ad-hoc to avoid going via the AP for local data
> transfer,  but now also full-speed transfers from/to the AP work.

I will try this. If this works I'm pretty sure there is a firmware bug or a
driver problem.

--
 Claas Hilbrecht
 http://www.jucs-kramkiste.de