[Prism54-users] usb adapter with prism gt chipset - is it possible?

Tilman Kranz tilman.kranz@tk-sls.de
Wed, 2 Jun 2004 11:29:03 +0200

Hello,

I am using a Netgear WG121 USB 2.0 device.

I am using the following software:
   GNU/Linux 2.6.6 vanilla kernel.
   prism54 driver CVS latest (as of today).
   Debian GNU/Linux unstable hotplug (0.0.20040329-8, includes
   firmware.agent)

Hotplugging the device is not recognized by the system:
if I attach the device, the dmesg says:

usb 4-1: new high speed USB device using address 3

The firmware is not loaded into the device, it remains
uninitialized when I install the "prism54.ko" module.
The dmesg says:

Loaded prism54 driver, version 1.2

I have read the "ksrc/TODO" note about USB support.
Is this an issue that will be adressed in the future?

Greetings,
Tilman.

--
Tilman Kranz