[Prism54-users] Netgear WG511, Kernel 2.4.23 TRAP

Dirk dirk@bigengineer.xs4all.nl
Sun, 18 Jan 2004 12:57:53 +0100

On Sun, Jan 18, 2004 at 12:16:31PM +0100, Rene van Bevern wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 18, 2004 at 10:55:00AM +0100, Dirk wrote:
> > This looks like the problem I had. Only thing I had to do was broadcast
> > SSID on the AP... Does your AP see your WG511?
>
> I don't know if the AP sees my card but iwlist eth0 scanning lists the
> right AP with the right settings (channel 11, encryption, ESSID). The
> interface just does not "lock" on the AP, it keeps switching through the
> channels ...

This is exactly what I had.

> I noticed that the power- und antenna led on the Netgear AP turn yellow
> instead of green as soon as i do "ifconfig eth0 up". In this state i am
> also unable to connect to the router via the web interface, the
> connection is refused.

I only kno  how my AP works so I can't help here.

> This night i upgraded to kernel 2.4.24 and installed the latest
> pcmcia-cs package as well as the latest Prism54 snapshot. Nothing
> changed. :/

I still think it is an AP problem. I also tried upgrading but that
didn't make a difference...because the card already works.

I have a "wireless SSID broadcast" option, disabling it gives the same
problem as you describe.
Are you testing without MAC filtering?

Dirk