[Prism54-users] Netgear WG511, Kernel 2.4.23 TRAP

Rene van Bevern rvb@rvb.dyndns.org
Sun, 18 Jan 2004 12:16:31 +0100

On Sun, Jan 18, 2004 at 10:55:00AM +0100, Dirk wrote:
> This looks like the problem I had. Only thing I had to do was broadcast
> SSID on the AP... Does your AP see your WG511?

I don't know if the AP sees my card but iwlist eth0 scanning lists the
right AP with the right settings (channel 11, encryption, ESSID). The
interface just does not "lock" on the AP, it keeps switching through the
channels ...

I noticed that the power- und antenna led on the Netgear AP turn yellow
instead of green as soon as i do "ifconfig eth0 up". In this state i am
also unable to connect to the router via the web interface, the
connection is refused.

This night i upgraded to kernel 2.4.24 and installed the latest
pcmcia-cs package as well as the latest Prism54 snapshot. Nothing
changed. :/

	Rene