[Prism54-users] Netgear WG511, Kernel 2.4.23 TRAP

Dirk dirk@bigengineer.xs4all.nl
Sun, 18 Jan 2004 10:55:00 +0100

On Sat, Jan 17, 2004 at 05:56:58PM +0100, Rene van Bevern wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I have been trying to get this Netgear WG511 running since Dec 20, 2003
> now, but i can't get it working. I tried the standalone module as well
> as the kernel patch.
>
> Kernel:		2.4.23
> Chipset:	Intel PIIX driver (TX-430)
> PCMCIA:		Yenta CardBus driver
> Last tried:	Jan 17 2004, 16:00
>
> Well, the problem is that it does not find the access point, instead
> instead i get a lot of TRAPs ... Here is an excerpt from the syslog
> after inserting the card and trying to bring up an interface:
> (using ifconfig and iwconfig)

This looks like the problem I had. Only thing I had to do was broadcast
SSID on the AP... Does your AP see your WG511?

There is not much info in my post, "SMC 2835 stopped working" but you
can have a look to compare the symtoms.

Dirk