[Prism54-users] Modprobe problem with ISL3890 Driver in IXP425

Jens Maurer Jens.Maurer@gmx.net
Wed, 07 Jan 2004 21:51:18 +0100

#
Tan Choon Siang wrote:
> I've ported the isl3890 driver for mini-pci card on ixp425 platform.

What is the "ixp425" platform?  Is it Intel-based? What did you change
for the porting?  Please contribute it here (or send it to me in private
e-mail) so that it can be integrated.

 > The
> version used is ISL3890-0.1.0. After building the package, I try to load
> the driver by executing the modprobe command: Modprobe islpci

The version that I use here is 1.0.2.2.  Did you download the driver
from prism54.org?  Also, the module name should be named prism54.o .
It appears you're using an old driver.

> Loaded islpci, version 1.0.1.0
>
> ERROR: File opening did not success

Did you follow the instructions about firmware.agent and placing
the Intersil firmware that is on the prism54.org website?

Jens Maurer