[Prism54-users] Modprobe problem with ISL3890 Driver in IXP425

Tan Choon Siang cstan@flex-p.com
Wed, 7 Jan 2004 08:49:26 +0800

Hello,
I've ported the isl3890 driver for mini-pci card on ixp425 platform. The
version used is ISL3890-0.1.0. After building the package, I try to load
the driver by executing the modprobe command: Modprobe islpci

The driver doesn't load and the following messages were prompted:

Using /lib/modules/2.4.19-rmk7-ds3-mw1/pcmcia/islpci.o
Loaded islpci, version 1.0.1.0

ERROR: File opening did not success

ERROR: islpci could not upload the firmware

islpci: No devices found, driver not installed.
/lib/modules/2.4.19-rmk7-ds3-mw1/pcmcia/islpci.o: init_module: No such
device
Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters,
including invalid IO or IRQ parameters.
      You may find more information in syslog or the output from dmesg

Anyone has experience on this? Please help.

Regards
Tan Choon Siang