[Prism54-users] Prism54 for BSD / Mac OS X?

Luis R. Rodriguez mcgrof@ruslug.rutgers.edu
Tue, 6 Jan 2004 16:38:18 -0500 (EST)

I posted this on the forums but I figured I'd throw it out here too as
FYI.

--

BSD seems to be going in the direction of implementing NDIS driver
support. The prism54 project uses fully GPL'd sources and BSD kernel

The NDIS BSD project is called Project Evil, also known as the NDISulator.
You won't find much on google web out there at the moment (circa January,
2004) but there are currently some newsgroup articles out there on this
topic.

Google GROUP search for "wpaul ndis".
"wpaul" is Bill Paul, a FreeBSD developer, who's starting work on this.

If you BSDers want a native Prism54-based driver you'll have to ask
Conexant to see if they will allow us to release BSD-license issue of the
prism54 driver for you to start hacking on. They've been great to us, the
Linux community, so you never know... it might be possible.

Hint: It's called Project Evil for a reason

--

It's on the forums:
http://prism54.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=939

--