[Prism54-users] Re: Prism54-users digest, Vol 1 #155 - 3 msgs

Karl-Heinz Herrmann kh1dump@khherrmann.de
Mon, 9 Feb 2004 18:33:00 +0100

On Mon, 9 Feb 2004 06:55:20 -0600 (CST)
J Yunke <yunke@productivity.org> wrote:
> > The SMC 2802 PCI card requires at least P-II 300 MHz to run. I tried
> > to use it in 266 MHz desktop and the system crashed every second
> > time I started it.

Interesting....

> Yikes!  Has anyone else confirmed this?  This seems unusual, since I'm
> sure most hardware access points don't have a 300 Mhz+ proc in them.
>
> Stanislav -- do you recommend any other vendor's card to get this
> working, or is this typical for the Prism GT/Duette chipset?

I've an Allnet Prism 2[.5] chipset running on a P-Classic 200MHz.
That's not 54Mbit/s of course but 11b standard. I was seriuosly
considering buying the (then cheaper!) SMC2802 but decided for the
"plug&play" version -- and might have made a lucky decision there.

K.-H.