[Prism54-users] Setting WPA keys

Christian Kreibich christian@whoop.org
Sun, 08 Feb 2004 15:14:57 +0000

Hi Aurelien,

On Sat, 2004-02-07 at 16:36, Aurelien wrote:
> Hi,
> you can pass WPA-PSK key to the card with "iwconfig ethx key xxxxx..."
> where key is a 256 bits key generated from a passphrase with
> wpa_passphrase (you'll find this in the wpa_supplicant stuff distributed
> with hostap). The key will be recognized as a WPA-PSK handshake key by
> the driver  because of its length.
> But I think there is something else to do... it is not sufficient (at
> least for me) to get WPA running. And as the driver is firmware based,
> we must guess what firmware is expecting us to do. And as I'm running a
> bit out of time these days, I won't be able to work on this issue...

okay. I've just added some printk's to the driver and I can see that
'iwpriv eth0 set_wpa 1' enables WPA mode, and I can see that the 32-byte
WPA key is sent to the card if I do a normal iwconfig as you suggest.
Essentially I'm doing

iwpriv eth0 set_wpa 1
iwconfig eth0 key <32-byte key in hex>
iwconfig eth0 essid <network name>

The key matches the one configured on my access point, but alas, it
doesn't work. I'm stuck here for now. If somebody could point out what
I'm missing or how I can debug this, let me know.

Thanks,
Christian.
                                          http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~cpk25
                                                    http://www.whoop.org