[Prism54-users] CVS - WEP = Crashes, Other Crashes

J Yunke yunke@productivity.org
Mon, 9 Feb 2004 01:35:04 -0600 (CST)

Hi --

  New to the project.  Greetings!

  I have a 266 MHz Dell Optiplex desktop with the CVS build from two
nights ago, and a fresh 2.4.24 kernel, on Slackware 9.1.  The SMC Prism
GT/Duette 54G (Nitro) PCI card is eth3, since the Dell's my firewall and
has three other LAN interfaces (WAN, LAN, DMZ).

  The 'other' machine is a Prism GT/Duette-integrated Windows XP Home
notebook.

  I've had to hard reset from Kernel crashes about five times since
installing.  Using a WEP key resulted in crashes almost immediately, so
now I'm running open with MAC iwpriv's.  Random crashes have occurred,
too, only when pushing more than the usual amount of traffic.

  Anyone else experiencing this?  I don't have the output from the Kernel
panics, but could get them with a little bit of effort if anyone is
interested.

  Else, a 'nice job' goes to everyone who's contributed.  :)

-- Justin