[Prism54-users] slightly OT: SMC2835W - How to automate network setup?

Stefan U. Hegner (Mobil) mobil@hegner-online.de
Thu, 27 Nov 2003 19:32:11 +0100

--=-KhejY3Oug1dmXjcDS5pW

Hi there,

my prism54 driver seems to work ... But I need to do a couple of things
manually after inserting the cardbus card to my notebook. How can I
automate this?

I know this is a bit OT - But I havn't found any guidance on this yet
elsewhere.

What works:
- hotplug & firmware update
- prism54 driver
- iwlist eth1 scan

In order to esatablish an IP connection I need to do the following:
- iwconfig eth1 mode Managed
- iwconfig eth1 essid "myessid"
- dhclient eth1
- route add default gw my.default.gate.way

I thought, to automate this, you use the wireless.opts file. In mine it
says:

-----------------------------8<----------------8<------------
case "$ADDRESS" in

*,*,*,00:04:E2:*)
        INFO=3D"SMC EZ Connect g (SMC2835W)"
        ESSID=3D"myssid"
        NWID=3D""
        MODE=3D"Managed"
        FREQ=3D""
        CHANNEL=3D""
        SENS=3D""
        RATE=3D"auto"
        # KEY=3D"off"
        RTS=3D""
        FRAG=3D""
        IWCONFIG=3D""
        IWSPY=3D""
        IWPRIV=3D"set_port3 1"
;;

esac
-----------------------------8<----------------8<------------

Which means all the information is there, except to do a dhcp call and
set the default gw.

Any hints as how to resolve this dilemma are highly appreciated.

Thanks

Stefan.

However ifconfig shows me:

... but my AP runs dhcp and is in the 192.168.2.0/24 net.

If I run=20

--=20
/ Stefan Ulrich Hegner aka "Hegi" - Loehne/ Westfalen - Germany \
| mobil@hegner-online.de - primary Email stefan@hegner-online.de|
\ GPG-Fprint D9DB 51BD 2DA6 9B3A 41CB  0287 05A1 8D11 38BA CE91 /

--=-KhejY3Oug1dmXjcDS5pW

--=-KhejY3Oug1dmXjcDS5pW--