[Prism54-users] setBeaconPeriod doesn't work

Tim Dijkstra newsuser@famdijkstra.org
Thu, 27 Nov 2003 11:14:55 +0100

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 20:12:23 -0500
"Jeff Bobzin" <jeff@boccorp.com> wrote:

> Tim,
>
> I agree that setBeaconPeriod does not seem to affect getBeaconPeriod.
> The 100 value indicates a 100 millisecond interval. This is standard
> rate (10 per second).
>
> But this has nothing to do with the 10 second period packet losses.

This was indeed my hunch, but if you it hasn't got anything to do with
it, I believe you.

> My research indicates this loss is a 'feature' of Intersil AP
> firmware.  I have been able to detect the 10 second losses on a
> production AP from SMC (but briefer)
>
> It certainly is a problem for performance. If it blocked the packets
> that would be OK. But it throws them away.

So... We'll have to tell intersil that. Or do they know this and should
we just wait for a new firmware release?

grts Tim