[Prism54-users] setBeaconPeriod doesn't work

Jeff Bobzin jeff@boccorp.com
Wed, 26 Nov 2003 20:12:23 -0500

Tim,

I agree that setBeaconPeriod does not seem to affect getBeaconPeriod. =
The 100 value indicates a 100 millisecond interval. This is standard =
rate (10 per second).

But this has nothing to do with the 10 second period packet losses.=20

My research indicates this loss is a 'feature' of Intersil AP firmware.  =
I have been able to detect the 10 second losses on a production AP from =
SMC (but briefer)

See my post on 11/21 entitled "Field report - performance at a distance" =
for links. Published data confirms the losses.

It certainly is a problem for performance. If it blocked the packets =
that would be OK. But it throws them away.=20

---Jeff