[Prism54-users] SMC 2802W - prism54 works (but only sometimes)

Eggenberger Adrian marsupi@marsupi.ch
Sat, 15 Nov 2003 10:39:57 +0100

Hi

I'm using the prism54 driver (tarbal 2003-11-13) with newest frimware file
in a Gentoo distribution with 2.4.23 rc1 kernel for a SMC 2802W card. After
installing the driver step by step i was happy to see that i could "modprobe
prism54" and my net was up. Unluckily the next time i tried to activate
prism54 the system hanged completly.
It turned out, that the driver sometimes works and sometimes crashes the
system.

Did other user experiance the same things? Is there a solution for my
problem? What can i do to help fix this bug?

Marsupi