[Prism54-users] Dropped packets at 10 second intervals

Tim Dijkstra newsuser@famdijkstra.org
Mon, 17 Nov 2003 13:06:20 +0100

On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 13:41:17 -0500 (EST)
"Luis R. Rodriguez" <mcgrof@ruslug.rutgers.edu> wrote:

> Try the ping on any lan card and you'll see you also get packet loss.
> Don't think this is a real problem. I actually get bigger packet loss
> on a lan line than with my wireless card.

That's not true, at least not with cards that I know of. If I ping in my
internal network or to my machine at work (which is in the same city) I
usually see no package loss at all, also when there's a hop over a
wireless link. But not when the link is wireless via SMC2802W as an AP,
then I have +/- 20% package loss, so I think there's really some bug
there. This is all with standard ping settings (64b every second)

grts Tim