[Prism54-users] ANNOUNCE: Prism54 for Fedora (Rough Draft)

Allen Winter winterz@verizon.net
Wed, 10 Dec 2003 12:05:37 -0500

On Wednesday 10 December 2003 05:05 am, nic wrote:
>  On Sat, 2003-12-06 at 18:16, Allen Winter wrote:
> > Hi Everyone,
> >
> > I started to turn my notes on how to make the prism54 driver work
> > into a more formal document.  It is a rough draft right now but I
> > think it will help people.  Currently it is Fedora (and Redhat) specific
> > but I can add other distros if people send me their notes.
> >
> > You can find the document at
> > http://mysite.verizon.net/winterz/doc/prism54.txt
>
> I followed these instructions to the letter[1] last night and finally
> got my card (WG511) working! All I can say is thanks and well done for
> the easy to read, accurate instructions.
>
> nic
>
> [1] Apart from using gcc32

I'm very glad that I could be of help.

I assume you built the kernel and the prism with gcc32?
If so, please tell me how you instructed 'make' to use gcc32 instead of gcc.
Did you set $CC to /usr/bin/gcc32, or by some other means?

Is gcc32 known to be the compiler of choice for building the kernel?

In other words, please give me a blurb on using gcc32 for my document.

Thanks,
-Allen