[Prism54-users] Cardservices and Prism54

Stefan U. Hegner (Mobil) mobil@hegner-online.de
Tue, 02 Dec 2003 17:39:04 +0100

--=-mp77La/CHbqVo2dw3bla

Hi there again,

just decided to reword my problem - maybe you are not clear where I get
stuck.

Again, I get the Prism54 code to work (otherwise you would not read this
email as I send it using the Wlan), but I have to do the iwconfig stuff
everytime manually.

After reading more docs I am pretty certain, that my problem is the
integration of Prism54 into PCMCIA Cardservices.

My System is:
Mandrake 9.1
Vanilla 2.4.23 Kernel=20
Wireless-Tools-26 and PCMCIA Cardservices-3.2.3-5mdk (I'm just
downloading 3.2.5-1mdk to give this a shot)

The question is: How do I get cardservices to work with Prism54 for
automated config of the interface?

Do you enter in the /etc/pcmcia/config the data from the card _before_
or _after_ firmware upload via hotplug?

Currently I put there:

# device section
device "prism54"
  class "network" module "firmware_class", "prism54"

# card section
card "SMC EZ Connect g"
  version "Intersil", "ISL3890"
  bind "prism54"

Could someone pls. check with working cardservices whether these entries
are correct?

What other possiblities for are there to look for errors?

Thanks a lot in advance

Stefan.

--=20
/ Stefan Ulrich Hegner aka "Hegi" - Loehne/ Westfalen - Germany \
| mobil@hegner-online.de - primary Email stefan@hegner-online.de|
\ GPG-Fprint D9DB 51BD 2DA6 9B3A 41CB  0287 05A1 8D11 38BA CE91 /

--=-mp77La/CHbqVo2dw3bla

--=-mp77La/CHbqVo2dw3bla--