[Prism54-devel] 802.11g "Super G" Turbo mode

Luis R. Rodriguez mcgrof@ruslug.rutgers.edu
Mon, 1 Mar 2004 12:26:04 -0500

--DocE+STaALJfprDB

Howdy,

This is an extract from the latest Dlink firmware upgrade for the AP,
DI-624_revC. Please note AFAICT is not a prism device:

http://tinyurl.com/39vf8

Although this is not prism-specific, I think prism devices should
support this if the firmware does. We'll only be able to find out until
we get specs from Globespan.

Jean,

If we're to support it, we're going to need a change in the Linux Wireless
tools to support dual channel in a connection. I'm not sure of the
details but thought i'd be informative to relay this information.

----
Turbo Mode

The multi-channel 108Mbps Turbo Mode capability operates by using the
spectrum offered by two radio channels to overcome the RF physics
limitations of Shannon.s Limit, which dictates the number of bits that
may be transmitted per MHz of spectrum. The data rate doubling is the
most obvious effect of using multiple radio channels. By providing an
optional capability that uses multiple radio channels simultaneously,
Super G Turbo mode can double the data rates offered by any single radio
channel techniques. The multi-channel mode give multi-channel devices
high bandwidth on demand, but also to check for and fall back to
single-channel operation if necessary because of the presence of legacy
devices.

When Turbo mode is set to enabled, Channel 6 is used and cannot be
changed to any other channels.=20
----

	Luis

--=20
GnuPG Key fingerprint =3D 113F B290 C6D2 0251 4D84  A34A 6ADD 4937 E20A 525E

--DocE+STaALJfprDB

--DocE+STaALJfprDB--