[Prism54-devel] Re: 802.11g "Super G" Turbo mode

Jean Tourrilhes jt@hpl.hp.com
Mon, 1 Mar 2004 09:54:03 -0800

On Mon, Mar 01, 2004 at 12:26:04PM -0500, Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> This is an extract from the latest Dlink firmware upgrade for the AP,
> DI-624_revC. Please note AFAICT is not a prism device:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/39vf8
>
> Although this is not prism-specific, I think prism devices should
> support this if the firmware does. We'll only be able to find out until
> we get specs from Globespan.
>
> Jean,
>
> If we're to support it, we're going to need a change in the Linux Wireless
> tools to support dual channel in a connection. I'm not sure of the
> details but thought i'd be informative to relay this information.

	Well, it's not like you would be able to configure those two
channel independantly, because they are always consecutive. In fact, I
don't see it as two channels, I see it as a channel twice as wide.

> When Turbo mode is set to enabled, Channel 6 is used and cannot be
> changed to any other channels.

	Even worse ! You won't be able to configure much !

> 	Luis

	Jean