[Prism54-devel] HELP : Broadcast data fails in WPA

Rafiq Shaikh rafiq.shaikh at analog.com
Thu Jul 15 20:35:43 UTC 2004

Hi All,

A similar problem I am facing with WPA on AP.
The pairwise and group keys are installed correctely. The wlan client is connected properly to the AP.
The ping from AP to client or vice versa does not work.

1)If I do ping from AP to client:
I observe that the ARP request from AP to client gets ARP response back successfully.
However the ping request packet (received at client from the AP) gets a MIC error at wlan client.
If another ping request is sent to client then the client sends EAPOL-Key message with the MIC
failure indication to AP(two MIC failures within 60 seconds). This results in disconnection of the client from AP.

2)If I do ping from client to AP:
I observe that the ARP request from client gets ARP response back successfully.
However the ping reply packet (received at client from the AP) gets a MIC error at wlan client.
If another ping reply is received at client then the client sends EAPOL-Key message with the MIC
failure indication to AP (two MIC failures within 60 seconds). This results in disconnection of the client from AP.

In summary the very first packet received at the client from AP is ok but the second and the subsequent packets
gets MIC error at the client.

What could be wrong with the AP that's resulting in MIC errors at the client?
Could it be because of the Sequence counters not being set properly? If so then how can I verify and correct it?
What are the possible reasons for getting the MIC failure at the client side?

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
-Rafiq.