[Prism54-devel] HELP : Broadcast data fails in WPA

Luis R. Rodriguez mcgrof at ruslug.rutgers.edu
Thu Jul 15 22:57:42 UTC 2004

On Thu, Jul 15, 2004 at 01:35:43PM -0700, Rafiq Shaikh wrote:

<-- snip -->

> In summary the very first packet received at the client from AP is ok but
> the second and the subsequent packets gets MIC error at the client.
>
> What could be wrong with the AP that's resulting in MIC errors at the client?
> Could it be because of the Sequence counters not being set properly? If so then how
> can I verify and correct it? What are the possible reasons for getting the MIC failure
> at the client side?

I just recently dived into WPA so I am no expert but prism54 definitely
does not yet have complete WPA support. That said, there are many things
I'm sure the driver is *not yet doing*. There are a lot of things that
need to be done on the client side and for linux it's making the driver
use wpa_supplicant since this is the only PAE (Port Access Entity) that I know of
that does this for linux.

I said I'd give completing WPA support for prism54 a shot and I am. The
status of my work is WPA IEs seem to be being detected now. Here's my
latest work:

http://prism54.org/~mcgrof/prism54-wpa.diff

(Note this probably does not apply cleanly on latest cvs code)

I now intend on glue'ing prism54 code to wpa_supplicant.

	Luis

--
GnuPG Key fingerprint = 113F B290 C6D2 0251 4D84  A34A 6ADD 4937 E20A 525E