[Prism54-devel] New revision of SMC 2802W card, Firmware 2.4.3.0

Karsten Richter kasi@kasi-net.org
Thu, 22 Jan 2004 09:15:06 +0100

Jens Maurer wrote:

> Well, we do have trouble with SMC cards, which is unresolved
> yet.  Could you please apply the following patch and check
> that the IRQ matches the previous IRQ output, and also
> check /proc/interrupts whether there are any interrupts
> at all from the device?

Hi Jens,

I just patched the islpci_hotplug.c with the additional debug
output line and got the following output:

Loaded prism54 driver, version 1.0.2.2
PCI: Found IRQ 5 for device 00:0f.0
PCI: Sharing IRQ 5 with 00:02.2
eth2: registered IRQ 5
eth2: islpci_open()
eth2: resetting device...
eth2: uploading firmware...
eth2: firmware uploaded done, now triggering reset...
eth2: device soft reset timed out

So the IRQ is correctly assigned to the card.
Anyway, no interrupt is generated according to /proc/interrupts,
but do the cards generate interrupts _before_ the
"firmware accepted" interrupt?
If they don't this behaviour would be normal, if the firmware was the
wrong one for this card (which is quite probable).

Regards

Karsten Richter (kasi@kasi-net.org)