[Prism54-devel] PSK-WPA setup in PrismGT AP mode

Aquila aquilaver@yahoo.com
Wed, 7 Jan 2004 07:27:58 -0800 (PST)

It's a bit more complex that just using those oids,
but if we're only talking about OIDs then there are a
couple that need to be added to that list.

The firmware will need to be operating in extended or
intermediate mode, this is set using:
- DOT11_OID_MLMEAUTOLEVEL.
(This means that you will need to manually respond to
Authentication and association responses, and other
MLME functions such as disassociations etc...)

That’s done by TRAPing and responding with the
following OIDs/
- DOT11_OID_AUTHENTICATEEX
- DOT11_OID_ASSOCIATEEX

(WPA needs the authentication set to open system
authentication):
- DOT11_OID_AUTHENABLE	(set to 0x01)
- DOT11_OID_PRIVACYINVOKED	(set to 0x01)
- DOT11_OID_EXUNENCRYPTED	(set to 0x01)

- DOT11_OID_DOT1XENABLE
(This enables the use of the authsta and unauthsta
oids)

Besides these there are also the list of OIDs that
Rafiq mentioned:
- OID_ATTACHMENT
- OID_EAPUNAUTHSTA
- OID_EAPAUTHSTA
- OID_STAKEY
- OID_STASC
- OID_MICFAILURE

You will still need a PAE (Port Access Entity) to
handle all the other stuff that needs to happen. (like
Authentication, Association, creating and sending
EAPOL packets, 4-way handshake for the PTK and the
2-way handshake for the GTK etc...)

Regards,
Aquila