[Prism54-devel] Re: [NEW] 2.6 / 2.4 Prism54 Wireless Driver

Jean Tourrilhes jt@hpl.hp.com
Wed, 18 Feb 2004 12:20:03 -0800

On Wed, Feb 18, 2004 at 12:13:42PM -0800, Andrew Morton wrote:
> mcgrof@studorgs.rutgers.edu (Luis R. Rodriguez) wrote:
> >

> > Our current tree has not been modified for a while, and we would like to
> > not miss the opportunity to go into 2.6 as a new driver. Is there a freeze
> > yet on 2.6? If one is coming close we'd like to submit our driver patch
> > into 2.6 just to not miss the window opportunity.
>
> There's never a freeze on drivers, really.  They always have bugs, and new
> hardware comes out, etc.
>
> > We also have a 2.4 patch which uses the same codebase. The only
> > difference between our 2.6 and 2.4 kernel patches are the configs
> > (Kconfig for 2.6 and Configure.help for 2.4) and Makefile
> > (under drivers/net/wireless/).
>
> Sure.  Please send me any patches which you want to receive wider testing,
> send the final patch to Jean when you think it's ready to merge.

	I tested the Prism54 driver a few months ago. Since that time,
they have fixed most of the problems for smooth integration in various
distros, and seems to have done a lot of work on bug fixes and code
cleanup.
	I would be pretty excited to see Prism54 in the kernel, and I
believe the driver is ready. I'll try to find some time for a test
drive ;-)

	Have fun...

	Jean