[Prism54-devel] Re: [NEW] 2.6 / 2.4 Prism54 Wireless Driver

Andrew Morton akpm@osdl.org
Wed, 18 Feb 2004 12:13:42 -0800

mcgrof@studorgs.rutgers.edu (Luis R. Rodriguez) wrote:

> Our current tree has not been modified for a while, and we would like to
> not miss the opportunity to go into 2.6 as a new driver. Is there a freeze
> yet on 2.6? If one is coming close we'd like to submit our driver patch
> into 2.6 just to not miss the window opportunity.

There's never a freeze on drivers, really.  They always have bugs, and new
hardware comes out, etc.

> We also have a 2.4 patch which uses the same codebase. The only
> difference between our 2.6 and 2.4 kernel patches are the configs
> (Kconfig for 2.6 and Configure.help for 2.4) and Makefile
> (under drivers/net/wireless/).

Sure.  Please send me any patches which you want to receive wider testing,
send the final patch to Jean when you think it's ready to merge.