[Prism54-devel] Net2280 usage

Sebastien b sebastien.b at swissinfo.org
Tue Dec 21 12:39:18 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 21 December 2004 10:55, Jean-Baptiste Note wrote:
> Kind of what we do
> with USBSnoop, save that this does not seem possible purely in software
> mode with the pci bus.

Although I haven't looked much at it for now, I think it could be possible
with a pure software solution using an emulator such as Bochs and modifying
its source so that it allows the guest operating system to access predefined
PCI resources of the host. Bochs emulates every instruction of the x86 CPU,
it is very slow and resource-eating but it will allow the whole PCI bus to be
monitored.
This would avoid buying those expensive and probably hard-to-find NET2280
cards, thus more users could submit logs for their devices.