[Prism54-devel] handle mgmt timeouts by resetting hardware

Margit Schubert-While margitsw at t-online.de
Tue Aug 10 08:22:08 UTC 2004

At 00:49 07.08.2004 +0300, Denis scribeth:
>Hi Luis,
>
>Please remove me from list of maintainers of prism54 driver,
>mailing list admins, and remove my name from prism54.org
>webpages.
>
>My code was repeatedly shown to be buggy and of bad quality
>in general. Therefore I think I do not qualify for these
>positions.

Well, somebody has to play the devil's advocate !
You know that you would get the same (or worse) on the
netdev and/or kernel mailing lists :-)
Don't take it to heart, I've been there myself :-)
As is said, if you can't stand the heat, don't go into the
kitchen :-)

Anyway back to patches (here I go again :-)  )
setrate - User parameter parsing in kernel? - No way.
This stuff belongs in user space ie. wireless tools.
Define with Jean some conceivable method of passing
the info. (Assuming .5Mbps increments and that Gigabit WLAN
is coming, maybe something like a 256-byte bitmap, eeek)

While I'm here, anybody know why we have this in isl_oid.h ?
#define IWMAX_BITRATES  20
#define IWMAX_BSS       24
#define IWMAX_FREQ      30

Are these supposed to be card restrictions as opposed to definitions
in wireless.h ? In which case, where did the 20 come from ?

Margit