[Prism54-users] WEP-PSK on Prism54

Marek Wawrzyczny marekw1977 at yahoo.com.au
Mon Mar 21 03:10:59 UTC 2005

Hi all,

Thanks for all the hard work on the Prism54 driver.

I have been researching setting up WEP-PSK on WG511 (PCMCIA card, Made in
Thailand, version 2). Is this possible? I've managed to get as far as getting
the card to try to authenticate to an AP (using wpa_supplicant), but the
authentication requests time out.
I was trying to connect to Netgear DG834.

Is WEP-PSK available on the WG511 (searches on Google result in quite old
articles and posts suggesting that it is not available).

My attempts to use ndiswrapper have so far been unsuccessful (I'm using
Gentoo, and want to do things the Gentoo way), but I am working on it.

Any help/pointers are highly appreciated.

Cheers,

--
---
Marek Wawrzyczny