[Prism54-users] setting my card in 802.11b only mode

Feyd feyd at seznam.cz
Fri Jan 28 08:46:32 UTC 2005

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 09:32:52 +0100
Jaap <jaap at squat.net> wrote:

> Feyd (feyd at seznam.cz) wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 08:58:36 +0100
> > Jaap <jaap at squat.net> wrote:
> >

> > > That's what i thought, but:
> > > pebble:~# iwconfig eth2 rate 11M
> > > Error for wireless request "Set Bit Rate" (8B20) :
> > > SET failed on device eth2 ; Input/output error.
> > > pebble:~#
> >
> > iwpriv <iface> s_profile 0
> >
> If the card is up, i can do that without error messages, but it does not
> seem to change anything. iwconfig still says "IEEE 802.11b/g" and the
> Bit Rate is still 54 Mb/s (according to iwconfig).

May be it doesn't work in Ad-Hoc, or display correctly. If I change the
profile in Master, it shows 54Mb/s too, but clients drop to 11Mb/s.

> Also
> 	iwpriv <iface>
> show the same value for s_profile as before.

iwpriv <iface> shows arguments, not values, you need
iwpriv <iface> g_profile to show the value.

What firmware do you use? 1.0.4.3 works for me.
What does lspci -vn say about the card?

Feyd