[Prism54-users] setting my card in 802.11b only mode

Jaap jaap at squat.net
Fri Jan 28 08:32:52 UTC 2005

Feyd (feyd at seznam.cz) wrote:

> On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 08:58:36 +0100
> Jaap <jaap at squat.net> wrote:
>

> > That's what i thought, but:
> > pebble:~# iwconfig eth2 rate 11M
> > Error for wireless request "Set Bit Rate" (8B20) :
> > SET failed on device eth2 ; Input/output error.
> > pebble:~#
>
> iwpriv <iface> s_profile 0

If the card is up, i can do that without error messages, but it does not
seem to change anything. iwconfig still says "IEEE 802.11b/g" and the
Bit Rate is still 54 Mb/s (according to iwconfig).
Also
	iwpriv <iface>
show the same value for s_profile as before.

If the card is down the comman gives an error:
pebble:~# iwpriv eth2 s_profile 0
Interface doesn't accept private ioctl...
s_profile (8BF2): Input/output error
pebble:~#

I'm running the prism54 from the 2.6.10 kernel.

Grtz,

Jaap