[Prism54-users] tweaking prism54 was: ack & cts timeout and slottime for log distance links in prism54 driver

Ivan ivtoman at inet.hr
Fri Apr 15 08:52:35 UTC 2005

OK, it seems that I have no luck with finding these parameters.. can
somebody tell me any other way to tweak this card for long range (now I
have singal strenhgt of about -78 and I can't get anything better from
antenna system, I have 26dB grid and short LMR400 cable).. The main
problem is high and unstable ping packet reply, with frequent
disconnecting and reconnecting from AP...

Is there any way to tweak it for performance? I have already set up

# iwpriv eth0 s_profile 2
# iwpriv eth0 s_preamble 0
# iwconfig eth0 retry 200
# iwpriv etho s_edthresh 50

which seems that helps a bit.

What can I do more? Please..

Thank you very much!

Ivan

Ivan wrote:

> Hi Luis,
>
> yes, I know it should be in iwpriv set of parameters, but which ones?
> I don't see any named like "ack" or "cts" or "slottime", only ones I
> found, that sound like could be, are:
>
> s_dtimperiod,
> s_maxtxlife and
> s_maxrxlife.
>
> Are these parameters what I need? And, if they are, how to set them
> correctly? Where I can found any info about that? There is no info at
> http://prism54.org/phpwiki?pagename=Prism54%20Private%20Wireless%20ioctls
>
> Can someone point me in right direction?
>
> Thank you very much,
>
> Ivan
>

> Luis R. Rodriguez wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Apr 03, 2005 at 06:44:02PM +0200, Ivan wrote:
>>

>>> Hello!
>>>
>>> In madwifi driver for atheros based cards, there is possibility to
>>> change ack and cts timeout values, and slottime, according to
>>> distance between transmitter and receiver. They recommend to adjust
>>> these values for every link longer than 300 meters. I have a link of
>>> 2 kilometers, and big trouble with performance with Intersil Frisbee
>>> card (in same setup, acx100 based card works excellent, giving