[Prism54-users] Problem with 3Com OfficeConnect Wireless 11g PC Card (3CRWE154G72) VER 2.0

Jonathan W jonathan.waldsjo at myrealbox.com
Fri Sep 17 23:55:31 UTC 2004

Hi!

This is my first post here so bare with me :)

Anyway I have some problems with getting my 3Com Wireless PC Card
working with the 1.2 prism54 driver using kernel 2.6.8.1 with firmware
1.0.4.3.arm (I have tried all of them, problem remains the same).
According to your page http://prism54.org/supported_cards.php it looks
like my card should be supported. After some research it seems that the
card you are referring to as being supported with your driver is version
1.0 of my card. I really have no idea what the problem maybe but it's
there and it is really annoying.
Anyway now to the problem. The card gets detected perfectley at boot by
the prism54 driver. But whenever I try to bring the card up with:

ifconfig eth1 up

I get this in my dmesg:

eth1: islpci_open()
eth1: resetting device...
eth1: uploading firmware...
eth1: firmware uploaded done, now triggering reset...
eth1: device soft reset timed out
eth1: timeout waiting for mgmt response 1000, triggering device
eth1: timeout waiting for mgmt response
eth1: timeout waiting for mgmt response 1000, triggering device
eth1: timeout waiting for mgmt response
eth1: timeout waiting for mgmt response 1000, triggering device
eth1: timeout waiting for mgmt response
eth1: timeout waiting for mgmt response 1000, triggering device
eth1: timeout waiting for mgmt response
eth1: mgmt tx queue is still full
eth1: mgmt tx queue is still full
eth1: mgmt tx queue is still full
eth1: mgmt tx queue is still full
eth1: mgmt tx queue is still full
eth1: mgmt tx queue is still full
eth1: mgmt tx queue is still full
eth1: mgmt tx queue is still full
eth1: mgmt tx queue is still full
eth1: mgmt tx queue is still full
eth1: mgmt tx queue is still full
eth1: mgmt tx queue is still full
eth1: mgmt tx queue is still full
eth1: mgmt tx queue is still full
eth1: mgmt tx queue is still full
eth1: mgt_commit has failed. Restart the device

And after that you can't do anything with the card because you get a lot
of input/output errors.

This is what lspci -v -n of the card looks like:

06:00.0 Class 0280: 10b7:6001 (rev 01)
        Subsystem: a727:6001
        Memory at 11000000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=8K]
        Capabilities: [dc] Power Management version 1

And thats where I am right now, perhaps some of you dev-gurus out there
could hack up a patch? That would be lovely :)

Cheers
Jonathan W