[Prism54-users] Problems with TI chipsets ?

Margit Schubert-While margitsw at t-online.de
Tue Sep 21 06:40:16 UTC 2004

Just found this on the Netgear site -

Question: Why is There a "Code 10" on My IBM Notebook?

Answer: Start by Checking Whether You have TI PCI Controllers and PCMCIA
controllers.
Workaround to Correct PCI Bus Power Management
Select Start > Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager > PCMCIA
adapters.
These adapters are known to have problems (others may also have problems,
too).
·	TI PCI-1410
·	TI PCI-1420
·	TI PCI-1450
·	TI PCI-1510
Power off your notebook.
Physically remove the WG511 card from the slot.
Power on your notebook.
Press F1 immediately during rebooting to enter BIOS setup utility
Select Config and press Enter.
Select Power and press Enter.
Scroll down to PCI Bus Power Management.
Press Enter and select Disable.
Press F10 to save and exit.
Press Yes to confirm and restart the notebook.
Log in to the desktop.
Physically insert WG511 card into the slot. The WG511 utility icon appears
in the System Tray on the lower right of your screen.
Known bug: WG511 does not work with some Compaq Presario 2800 TI PCI-1410.

This applies to the V1 software (I think), apparently the V2 (softmac) gets
around this.

Margit