[Prism54-users] Prism Xbow/Javelin support

Luis R. Rodriguez mcgrof at ruslug.rutgers.edu
Mon Sep 20 13:22:58 UTC 2004

On Mon, Sep 20, 2004 at 02:11:14PM +0200, BAIER Aurelius wrote:
> Hi all, does anybody know anything about support of these chipsets? On prism54.org is written that these chipsets could be supported soon, but this information is from the 23. june. Has anybody newer informations?
>
> Thanks very much
> Aurel

There is no support yet and suppport is dependent on Conexant's relaying
of information to us. We haven't heard back from them in 3 months. At
this point I'd suggest users start asking Conexant to support our
project since otherwise I'm not sure otherwise they will.

Here is a linux softmac driver package:
http://www.dse.co.nz/isroot/dse/support/XH8196-linux.zip

But it is in now way user-friendly to setup and is known for being an
initial release.

	Luis

--
GnuPG Key fingerprint = 113F B290 C6D2 0251 4D84  A34A 6ADD 4937 E20A 525E