[Prism54-users] looking for PCI card -- where does the "Perfect" come from?

Luis R. Rodriguez mcgrof at ruslug.rutgers.edu
Wed Sep 8 19:54:38 UTC 2004

I4, our sponsor provided us with several XG-900 cards. These were well
tested among us and hence all of us have confirmed they work great.

The Allnet was probably reported by someone when we had the form
enabled.

A card that I have been using for a long time now and works great is the
3com card. I highly recommend it despite the fact that 3com decided they
were not interested in supporting our project.

	Luis

On Wed, Sep 08, 2004 at 04:33:53PM -0300, Zooko O'Whielacronx wrote:
> Thanks to the prism54 hackers for providing Free Software drivers for
> 802.11g cards!
>
> As far as I can tell there are only two PCI cards with the Prism GT
> chipset that are rated "Perfect" on the supported cards page.  Those
> are:
>
> Full card name		Model	Type		Subsystem ID	vendor:device
> Allnet ALL0271	ALL0271	PCI		16a5:1605	1260:3890
> Zcom XG-900		XG-900	PCI		17cf:0020	 1260:3890
>
> I have found North American distributors who will sell me one of these,
> but I'm starting to wonder where the "Perfect" rating came from.
>
> In searching all of the prism54.org wiki, forums, and mailing list
> archives, I can't find *any* instance of someone claiming to use the
> Zcom XG-900 at all, neither successfully nor unsuccessfully.
>
> There are several mentions of the Allnet ALL0271, most of which consist
> of someone reporting abnormally low range and someone else saying that
> it works for them.
>
> This is perfect?  Or am I missing something?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Regards,
>
> Zooko

GnuPG Key fingerprint = 113F B290 C6D2 0251 4D84  A34A 6ADD 4937 E20A 525E