[Prism54-users] looking for PCI card -- where does the "Perfect" come from?

Zooko O'Whielacronx zooko at zooko.com
Wed Sep 8 19:33:53 UTC 2004

Thanks to the prism54 hackers for providing Free Software drivers for
802.11g cards!

As far as I can tell there are only two PCI cards with the Prism GT
chipset that are rated "Perfect" on the supported cards page.  Those
are:

Full card name		Model	Type		Subsystem ID	vendor:device
Allnet ALL0271	ALL0271	PCI		16a5:1605	1260:3890
Zcom XG-900		XG-900	PCI		17cf:0020		1260:3890

I have found North American distributors who will sell me one of these,
but I'm starting to wonder where the "Perfect" rating came from.

In searching all of the prism54.org wiki, forums, and mailing list
archives, I can't find *any* instance of someone claiming to use the
Zcom XG-900 at all, neither successfully nor unsuccessfully.

There are several mentions of the Allnet ALL0271, most of which consist
of someone reporting abnormally low range and someone else saying that
it works for them.

This is perfect?  Or am I missing something?

Thanks!

Regards,

Zooko