[Prism54-users] Conexant and SMC2802 V2 (subsystem 1113:ee03)

Hans Kramer Hans.Kramer at xs4all.nl
Tue Oct 26 10:22:10 UTC 2004

Hi,

As I understand from the Prism54.org web site, you are currently working
on getting specs/firmware/etc from Conexant Systems Inc.
I would like to know whether there is any progress on this process?
Could we (linux users, owners of V2 hardware) do something to get this
moving forward? I am willing to write a letter to Conexant; perhaps if
they realize there is a market they will move forward quicker. I bet you
guys are caught up in lawyer BS.. red tape scenario!

Currently, I have a SMC2802 V2 card and tried several options (such as
ndiswrapper, it crashed my kernel linuxant stk16ksmp; the linuxant
solution works but crashes the kernel while running nmap... etc) which
are all very unsatisfactory. While I can try to obtain another card (I
got to return this one on Friday) I expect that in the long run all the
hardware will eventually replace with the new V2 systems. This looks
like grime future for wireless on Linux... I hope I am wrong!

Cheers,

Hans