[Prism54-users] Urgently required information for 802.11g Linux-USB Device Driver

computec at vsnl.net computec at vsnl.net
Mon Oct 18 05:38:38 UTC 2004

Dear Sir / Madam,

Greetings !

Hope you are doing fine. Well, I have been recommended by some
professionals about your area of expertise, which falls in line with
my current application. Well, my main task, at present, is to achieve
802.11g standard onto the SoC through USB OHCI Port.

Prior to this, I have set-up 802.11b ( Prism2_usb chipset ) Intersil
Card onto SoC. My development Environment consists of Linux-2.4.21 ver
( Redhat Rel. 9 ) with Cirrus Logic’s EP9312 SoC ( ARM920T processor
Core ). I am using Arm-Linux-Gcc 3.3. Appropriate ARM & Cirrus Logic’s
Patches have been done. I used Linux-Wlan-Ng-0.2.1-Pre9 Device Driver
for this Card. Further, successful compilation of  Driver and Protocol
Modules have been made after suitable configuration. The card is able
to respond well with the AP and perform in SoC, though sometimes, Rx
frames from Station is weak and there is a bleak signal, which causes
alignment problem and delay. Though, I am still working on 802.11b,
there is a need to achieve 802.11g Standard.

>From my above Development Environment, kindly let me know whether
Prism54 Driver is suitable for 802.11g through USB-OHCI. Is it possible
to apply or upgrade 802.11b Linux-Wlan-Ng Driver to 802.11g ?  Also,
please clarify about the firmware version & its availability for
802.11g. Your opinions and suitable solution in this regard would be
highly appreciated.

Should you need any clarifications, please do feel free to contact me.

Looking forward to receive prompt and positive response,

Thanks and regards,

Narasimha Charya
EmSys Corporation, USA