[Prism54-users] copy of large file hangs!!!

Margit Schubert-While margitsw at t-online.de
Thu Oct 7 14:59:40 UTC 2004

I believe a problem might be that the firmware has a tendency
to want to sleep very often.
In fact, in the driver, we should disallow this in Master mode
(and probably ad-hoc as well)
I'm working on a patch for this.
A couple of things ->

Netgear have documented that  having PM activated in
the BIOS can cause problems with some chipsets with
their winbloze V1 (hardmac === prism54) driver.
Deactivate it.

You can try this hack -
Grab the latest CVS
edit isl_38xx.c
At line 220 is this :
               ISL38XX_INT_IDENT_SLEEP | ISL38XX_INT_IDENT_WAKEUP);
Change to :
               ISL38XX_INT_IDENT_WAKEUP);

This should prevent the device from sleeping.

Margit