[Prism54-users] AMD64 distribution and Prism54

Pete pete at putzin.net
Fri Nov 5 15:31:21 UTC 2004

On Thursday 07 October 2004 12:19 pm, Massimo Perga wrote:
> Hi all,
>   I'm trying to use my 802.11g WLAN card integrated in an Acer Aspire 1513
> LMi (wnc rm8) but other Linux drivers don't support it because I'm using an
> AMD64 distribution and  drivers are only for 32-bit Windows.
> Is it compatible with prism54 ?
>
> If not, can you suggest me a 802.11g card that's fully compatible with
> Prism54 and 64-bit distribution (so I haven't to use Windows driver to use
> it) ?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>   Max

The prism54 driver works great in 64 bit land, without issue. I've been using
it with FC2 x86-64 for months now without a problem. Don't know if the card
you have is compat, don't know much about the card, but it's probably not
supported as installed. You can disable it and buy a compat PCMCIA card. That
would work. Those cards are listed on the prism54 webpage.
--
"Wherever the standard of freedom and independence has been or shall be
unfurled, there will her heart, her benedictions, and her prayers be. But she