[Prism54-users] Getting stuck when out of range

Jens Maurer Jens.Maurer@gmx.net
Mon, 31 May 2004 20:27:08 +0200

Steve Underwood wrote:
>  Now, if I bring the PC close to the base
> station again, the activity light stays on. I can leave it for a long
> time, and that light will stay on. If I do an ifdown/ifup things start
> working again. This is not a significant problem when I am near or far
> from the base station, but when I cam close to the limit its really
> annoying. Can anyone help?

When we can't reach our connection partner any more, we can't
send the packets, and sending stalls.  We tell the upper networking
layers "my queue is full, don't send more stuff".

The question is whether we just forget to re-enable the upper
networking layers, or whether the firmware is unable to
re-establish the association with the base station, and
tell us when it did that.

Jens Maurer