[Prism54-users] Prism54 on SMC2802 PCI card

Bob Farmer brf@bfarmer.net
Sat, 29 May 2004 03:40:11 -0500

First and foremost, you'll note that the prism54 documentation clearly
says that it requires a 2.4.23+ kernel (2.4.25+ in the newer versions of
prism54).  Red Hat 9 is a fairly outdated OS these days, and there are
no newer kernel RPMs available for it.  If you are capable of manually
upgrading your kernel, do it.  Otherwise, try a newer distro, perhaps
Fedora Core 2 would be a good choice.  It may even have builtin prism54
support, since it does use the 2.6 kernel...not sure (does anyone know?)

Bob