[Prism54-users] Re: prism54: pci_request_regions failure

Alec H. Peterson ahp@hilander.com
Wed, 05 May 2004 08:14:57 -0600

--On Wednesday, May 5, 2004 9:59 AM +0200 J=F6rg Esser <jackfritt@boh.de>=20
wrote:

> I have an epia board which only has one slot. I know from
> other people, who have 2 slots, that they solved it like you did.

Sigh.

> I think this is an BIOS problem. But I can=B4t get any officials at epia.
> And the BIOS I can download is the one my board uses.
> I found some person in newsgroup linux.kernel who had the same problems
> with other cards. And someone said this can maybe solved by a kernel =
patch
> that has to be written ;)

Well, I am by no means a hardware person, but the fact that other CardBus=20
cards work and this one does not seems that it may also be something that=20
could be fixed by the card manufacturer itself (though I admit it is=20
probably unlikely we will get Intersil to do something that isn't affecting =

a larger portion of the user base)...

Hopefully somebody will decide this needs to be fixed...

Alec