[Prism54-users] Re: prism54: pci_request_regions failure

Alec H. Peterson ahp@hilander.com
Tue, 04 May 2004 17:40:21 -0600

--On Tuesday, May 4, 2004 1:20 PM -0600 "Alec H. Peterson"
<ahp@hilander.com> wrote:

> I saw somebody posted about this problem, I too am having exactly the
> same problem the other user described.  My configration is a Shuttle XPC
> with a PCMCIA bridge, running the 2.4.25 kernel.

I have a data point that may prove useful.

I was testing this on a system that happened to have a 2 slot PCMCIA
bridge.  Using slot 0 the driver did not work (with the
pci_request_regions() error or the Fix your BIOS/CardBus controller error,
depending on whether or not it was the first time through).  Anyway, using
slot 1 it worked just fine.

Most of the machines I will need to deploy this to have a single slot
controller, and trying it in the single slot yields the same set of
problems.

Any thoughts?

Alec